Crendy news

Boko Haram to ‘release video on remaining Chibok girls’, says its fighters gunned down Nigerian Air Force jet

Boko Haram says it will soon release videos of the remaining abducted Chibok schoolgirls and some women believed to be wives of policemen deployed to Borno state.

Ahmad Salkida, the only Nigerian journalist to have interviewed Mohammed Yusuf and Abubakar Shekau, leaders of the Boko Haram sect, disclosed this via his Twitter handle, quoting sources.

var td_screen_width = document.body.clientWidth; if ( td_screen_width >= 1024 ) { /* large monitors */ document.write(”); } if ( td_screen_width >= 768 && td_screen_width < 1024 ) { /* portrait tablets */ document.write(''); } if ( td_screen_width < 768 ) { /* Phones */ document.write(''); }

The schoolgirls were abducted from the Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno on April 14, 2014, while the women were taken captive when members of the insurgent group attacked a police convoy in June 2017.

The attack on the convoy had left two officers dead while 57 were reportedly missing.

Salkida also said the sect would release a video on the air force jet which crashed in the north-east last week.

The military had only announced that the aircraft suffered a mishap but did not go into details.

The location of the tragic incident was not also made public but Salkida quoted sources as saying Boko Haram fighters gunned down the jet.

“Sources close to the Shekau led terror group say they shall be releasing a string of videos on the abducted Chibok girls, Police wives and crashed helicopter,” Sakilda wrote on Twitter.

“The group claims they gunned it down amid unrelenting push by the Army.”

Just In: Sources close to the Shekau led terror group say they shall be releasing a string of videos on the abducted Chibok girls, Police wives and crashed helicopter. The group claims they gunned it down amid unrelenting push by the Army.

— Ahmad Salkida (@ContactSalkida) January 12, 2018

Salkida had also disclosed on Thursday that members of the insurgent group were reportedly holding a soldier hostage along the Lake Chad Basin.

He dismissed the claims of the army that the sect had been defeated.

Just In: A source that is conversant wt the ongoing war in #LakeChad islands, #ISWAP's stronghold claimed; “it is not true the group suffered defeat in the area,” insisting they have repelled attacks in the forest of metele and have abducted and now holding one soldier captive.

— Ahmad Salkida (@ContactSalkida) January 11, 2018

.If this is confirmed, it's the first time #ISWAP will take a soldier captive. The source did not, reveal the identity of this soldier, but claimed “soldiers are burning down inhabited villages,” which confirmed military statements of intense attacks tagged, Operation Deep Punch.

— Ahmad Salkida (@ContactSalkida) January 11, 2018

var td_screen_width = document.body.clientWidth; if ( td_screen_width >= 1024 ) { /* large monitors */ document.write(”); } if ( td_screen_width >= 768 && td_screen_width < 1024 ) { /* portrait tablets */ document.write(''); } if ( td_screen_width < 768 ) { /* Phones */ document.write(''); }

Add comment

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: